Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fearless Females-Lunch

Lisa Alzo of The Accidental Genealogist blog presents Fearless Females: 31 Blogging Prompts to Celebrate Women’s History Month in honor of National Women’s History Month.  Today's is:


"If you could have lunch with any female family member (living or dead) or any famous female who would it be and why? Where would you go? What would you eat?"



I have to pick one of each option.

The relative I'd want to have lunch with is my maternal grandmother, Perna Klees.  She died before I was born, so I would like to have known her.  I'll be posting a little about her tomorrow.  We'd have lunch at The Source at the Newseum since she was publisher of a newspaper.

The famous (yet little-known) female I'd have lunch with is Hypatia.  She was a Greek scholar, scientist and mathematician living in ancient Alexandria, Egypt.  Guess we'd have lunch at our local Greek restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment