Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fearless Females-Brick Wall

In honor of National Women's History Month (http://www.nwhp.org/whm/history.php), Lisa Alzo of The Accidental Genealogist blog (http://www.theaccidentalgenealogist.com) presents Fearless Females: 31 Blogging Prompts to Celebrate Women’s History Month. March 20 — Is there a female ancestor who is your brick wall?

This is not my ancestor, but it could be someone's brick wall. I just was looking for a reason to post this during National Women's History Month. It seems like 1929 is too recent to have an employer acting in loco parentis, yet the letter shows it is so.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it wasn't until that same decade women had the right to vote in the US.

I wanted to know the daughter's name and age. I found Rose's naturalization record with the address in the letter and one possible 1920 census record had a Rosie Bahar, but no daughter. Nothing obvious in 1930. So her daughter, for me, remains nameless.





No comments:

Post a Comment