Monday, April 18, 2011

Mappy Monday: Muncy, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania

When I was researching the Klees line, I spotted Gortners as neighbors in the censuses.  In 1870, the John Gortner family was on pages 15 & 16 of the Muncy Township census and the Jacob Klees family was on page 17.  My great-grandmother Sarah Gortner was 10 and my great-grandfather, Henry Klees, was 17.  They were married in 1883.


It was fascinating then to see them as neighbors (J. Kleese and J. Gordner) in Huntersville, Muncy Township on this 1873 map of Lycoming County, PA.:


Historic Map: Muncy, Muncy Creek, Pennsville, Atlas: Lycoming County 1873, Pennsylvania - Historic Map Works, Residential Genealogy ™

I'll be posting about the Gortners later this week.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, comment appeared in my email but not showing on blog, guess blogger must have a glitch.

    ReplyDelete