Wednesday, February 22, 2012

One Year Later

I guess people are pretty surprised when they hit the first anniversary of their blog.  I know I am.  Somehow I also managed to make this my 100th post.


I spent 2010 tracking various family lines back to the first immigrant to America, or a dead end, whichever came first.  I did pretty good, but there were a few lines with real mysteries I really wanted to solve, the Murray and the Stewart lines in particular.  Near the end of 2010, I wound down the comprehensive research and began to narrow my efforts.  I decided to focus on Murray and to make every effort to add enough pieces to the puzzle that the story would be much clearer.  I may mix in a small amount of time on other lines to keep burnout at bay, but I plan to keep Murray front and center.


I can't help but wonder what I'll uncover in the next 12 months.  Like the last few months, I won't be posting as often because I anticipate much of my research time will not provide any concrete results to share.  


I do have a little something cooking that could turn out to be interesting--I'm hoping to get a regional publication to do a story about my Murray line.  I've got my fingers crossed I'll be able to uncover distant relatives who have puzzle pieces to share.

6 comments:

  1. Happy blogiversary and 100th post! Here's to another year....I can't wait to read all about what your uncover in the coming year!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary! All 100 posts have been wonderful - looking forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy double celebration - a Blogiversary and 100 posts. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, Laura, and Michelle-Thanks for the kind wishes and compliments. Still find it hard to believe anyone other than a family member would be interested!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogiversary! I've enjoyed your posts over the past year and I'm looking forward to the next.

    ReplyDelete